It appears it has been many months since my last confession.
I will give the briefest, skeletal of updates, in the hope that this will motivate me to do more, yes, more.
1. After the loss of the election and my job, I journeyed into the west, to
· Seeing my mum for an extended period of time – she only worked afternoons/evenings, so I was able to spend every morning with her, as well as plenty of evenings – this included nice dinners, watching excellent dvds and such
· Seeing dearest aussiepoida in a much more relaxed fashion than normal – including playing video games (memorably, bubble bobble), watching dvds/listening to music (memorably, muse – thigh slapping was done), visits to teahouses and other places of relaxation, and of course our standard trips south, one to the margaret river region and to the Walpole area, and one climbing the mighty Tool
· Seeing dearest matty in a much grander way than normal, doing much, MUCH with him including – concluding a drunken night at donpoida’s by (me and matty) camping in the park next to his place…the suburban park…surrounded by houses), a great trip to Busselton with some friends, the watching of fantastic shows such as jekkyl, and of course, bubble bobble J oh, and we saw a woman die by the side of the road in a motorcycle accident
· Being horribly sick for 3 weeks
· Seeing my dad and playing golf, bowling and a lot of cards
· Seeing the old eagle boys crew quite a few times, including that fantastic trip to Busselton
2. On the way back to
3. Since being back in
· A trip to
· A trip to the south coast with vern, lachie, dan and the girls of the latter two, Sarah and cath, had a great time, including a memorable walk away from the campsite to a beautiful lake, then through fascinating scrub (it was better than it sounds J)
· A trip, no, no, THE trip to Sydney and Wollongong for Australia day – so much scandal I will not go into it, but there were fantastic times and…less fantastic times…primarily the bitter fight at poor Garner’s party involving a gorgeous woman, a smitten friend and an inconsiderate can’t-keep-it-in-his-pants ‘friend’
· A weekend in Canberra for Cassy’s birthday, one of the greatest parties that has ever happened due to two things – the funniest thing ever, EVER, involving yannick casually taking the hand of one of our friends, slowly moving it, and placing it on HIS SISTER’S BREAST…there were moments where the hand remained, everyone stunned, until the siblings freaked out – never has a man done something so audaciously hilarious – and the second funniest thing ever, me and yannick swapping shirts, pretending to be each other and saying everything about each other we’ve always thought but never said (and we say a lot) – aaaah the no-holds-barred mocking was fantastic. Lucky we are very good friends J
· A trip to the south coast again, this time to stay at carolyn’s outstanding house – there were issues of fighting and tension, but all in all a fantastic time. Friday was somewhat lacking, but Saturday was spent going to tilba (for cheese and fudge) then having one of the great drunken nights – playing hide and seek in PITCH BLACK in a gigantic 2 storey house was timeless, playing spin the bottle was fantastic indeed, and finishing the night off with a spa, and talk between me nat and henry that noone else would wish to hear – a great night indeed.
· This weekend I am buying a hibachi (well, today in fact) so on Saturday we can have a bbq at our place, then go to the pitch n putt, after which I attend a games night at some other friends’ place. Makan also leaves, sadly, for
4. A new job – yes, in 2 weeks time I start a new job at the department of innovation, industry, science and research, it is a promotion, and I look forward to the money, it will also be wonderful to work in the city, where all my friends work. I will be working in the pharmaceutical area – the job essentially to liaise with pharmaceutical industry to find out what they want (to keep their business in Oz), then liaise within government to encourage decisions to be made that do not discourage industry from investing here.
6. I am going to
7. Finally I have arranged a birthday trip to
I think I will leave it there. This summarises most of what has been going on with me and is going on with me. Life is good. I am slightly unhealthy (reflux, mainly). I drink too much. I have noone I am interested in (except for, to some extent, a great girl who is taken). But I am starting a new, promising job, I am reading a simply outstanding book that takes up much of my spare time, I am seeing good friends very regularly (especially my roommates and cassy and yannick – it’s great how often we’re going away now, when we really only used to drink on weekends), and I have America and cairns to look forward to!